Monday, June 4, 2012

Evening Family Story Time #7

Family Story Time - Flowers
Wednesday, May 30, 2012, 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Attendance - 11 (5 children, 6 adults)

Books:  The Empty Pot by Demi
             Fran's Flower by Lisa Bruce

Board Stories:  "The Celebration" from Teeny-Tiny Folktales by Jean Warren
                       "Kip's Flowers"

Board Game:  "A Daisy for Maisy"

Crafts:  Spring Flowers Mobile and Paper Plate Flower Wreath - both are from DLTK's Crafts for Kids.

Spring Flowers Mobile

Paper Plate Flower Wreath

Notes:  The group was small due to not having an April program and changing the day.  A meeting room was not available on a Monday so the program was held on a Wednesday.  One thing I did learn from this is that Monday is the preferred night so I will try to keep Family Story Time on Monday evenings when they resume in the fall.  Attendance also drops in the spring when children start their outdoor sports activities.  Since I knew the group was going to be small, I chose more complicated crafts than I usually do.  The mobile was the favorite and I could have skipped the wreath.  The group also enjoyed the stories.  The game was a big hit.  I had a hard time fooling this group.  The older children were very good at guessing.  I did manage to fool them once by putting the flower under the same object twice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment