Thursday, May 19, 2011

ListenNJ

Up to now, I've never tried ebooks or audiobooks.  I did give my husband a Kindle for Christmas and he seems to like it very much.  Though audiobooks have been around for a long time, I've never been particularly interested.  I enjoy silence.  Even on a recent drive to Ohio I felt no need to listen to anything.  My GPS talked to me occasionally and that was enough.  So I went to ListenNJ to see what I've been missing.  Alas, there was a waiting list for the ebook titles I was interested in.  I did get on the list for one so I could give it a try.  I moved to the audiobook section and successfully downloaded Jon Stewart's Earth: a Visitor's Guide to the Human Race.  It was very easy installing the necessary software and downloading the book.  Now all I have to do is find the time to listen to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment